Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mega - phew!

Well after a very short night ( about 4 hours sleep for me and 1 for Derwood we woke up earlyish (WI time) and headed off to pick up Harvey the RV. A quick orientation and we set sail for Oshkosh. I took the first sector and in about an hour and a half we were pulling in to Camp Scholler at Oshkosh. We arrived at a very quiet time which was great and it didn't take to long to find a site, Since our RV is small by comparison of some of these mobile cities we managed to find a site with power since a lot of powered sites had be left as being too wet. Ours is actually quite dry. Just lucky I guess. Camp scholler is huge. It's like Levin but all camper vans. You stand outside and there are campers in all directions.




Not to much of a break and we were off to investigate this place show called Airventure 2010. After about an hour the only thing I really felt was completely out to sea. The place is so damn huge and there is just so much.. well.... stuff that is was clear that our first half day was basically just a very brief introduction to the basic layout. Even by 6PM I can honestly say that we didn't even really get that sussed.



I was supposed to go to the Falco builders dinner but I had been having a few issues with my phone (let's not go there) and we didn't really have good transport so I had to flag it which was a bit of a bummer. In fact we had only got a small glimpse of one Falco all day so day one was a flop like that. I will miss the Falco guys this year.



Right now we are sitting in Harvey the baby RV having a beer trying to come to terms with the enormity of it all. Hopefully when we wake up tomorrow we will have it more under control in our heads and go and make some more enjoyable progress.



I'm going to sleep well that's for sure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. what a cute campervan.... I think Jetlag hits you more on Day 3 if you ask me... hope tomorrow is more soak-up-able for you both. Why did Derwood only get one hours sleep.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. am really enjoying your posts, having a quiet chuckle. Ikwym when you say the size of these places and events are overwhelming. Keep enjoying

    ReplyDelete